- "2021" current tax law, which includes a sunset provision that goes into effect on January 1, 2026.
- "2026 XT" hypothetical scenario that assumes the exemption increase will be extended indefinitely.
- Fair Market Value of real estate, business interests, securities, cash, life insurance, annuities, and other property before gifts (if any).
- Gifts are deducted from Gross Assets and Exemption in year 1. Lifetime maximum as of 2021 equals $11,700,00 (single) or $23,400,000 (married). The annual gift exclusion amount is $15,000.
- Assumed rate at which taxable assets will grow with compound interest.
- The exemption amount for each Tax Scenario is adjusted annually based on the assumed inflation rate:
State Level Taxes (if any):
- State's maximum rate is the default value. User may enter a lower, blended rate.
Target Age (LE)
- Corresponding values on Charts and Ledger are automatically updated / highlighted according to the value entered.
Effective Tax Rate
- The net tax rate after the Exemption (Gross Estate / Net Estate).
Contact | Todd Healy | 214.443.2418